We may collect the following types of information about you which are described in more detail below: (A) information you provide to us, (B) information we may automatically collect, and (C) information we may receive from third parties. All of the information listed in (A)-(C) above, are detailed below, and hereinafter referred to as “Information.” Some of the information we collect may constitute personal Information under applicable data privacy laws.
A. Information You Provide To Us:
In using our Services, you may provide us with Information, including, without limitation:
– Contact information such as name, email address, postal address and telephone number(s);
– Certain demographic information such as age or age range, gender, and state of residence, when you participate in a survey or poll;
– Brand preferences, preferences for communications, and opinions in chat rooms, message boards, forums, surveys, polls, and online forms;
– Additional information as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
B. Information We May Automatically Collect About You:
Our Services may automatically collect certain Information about you. We use this Information to help us design our Services to better suit our users’ needs. This Information may include:
– IP address, which is the number associated with the service through which you access the Internet, like your ISP (Internet service provider);
– Date and time of your visit or use of our Services;
– Domain server from which you are using our Services;
– Type of computer, web browsers, search engine used, operating system, or platform you use;
– Data identifying the web pages you visited prior to and after visiting our website or use of our Services;
– Your movement and activity within the website, which is aggregated with other information; and
– Mobile device information, including the type of device you use, operating system version, and the device identifier (or “UDID”).
1. Cookies & Technologies Used To Collect Information About You
b. Flash Cookies. We may use local shared objects, also known as Flash cookies, to store your preferences such as volume control or display content based upon what you view on our site to personalize your visit. Third parties, with whom we partner to provide certain features or to display advertising based upon your browsing activity, use Flash cookies to collect and store information. Flash cookies are different from browser cookies because of the amount of, type of, and how data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash cookies.
c. Web Beacons. Website pages may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity). We also use these technical methods to analyze the traffic patterns, such as the frequency with which our users visit various parts of the Services. These technical methods may involve the transmission of Information either directly to us or to a third party authorized by us to collect Information on our behalf. Our Services use retargeting pixels from Google, Facebook and other ad networks. We also use web beacons in HTML emails that we send to determine whether the recipients have opened those emails and/or clicked on links in those emails.
d. Analytics. Analytics are tools we use, such as Google Analytics, to help provide us with information about traffic to our website and use of our Services, which Google may share with other services and websites who use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
e. Mobile Application Technologies. If you access our website and Services through a mobile device, we may automatically collect information about your device, your phone number, and your physical location.
C. Information We May Receive From Third Parties
We may collect additional Information about you from third-party websites, social media platforms, such as, but not limited, to Facebook and Instagram (“Social Media Platforms”), and/or sources providing publicly-available information to help us provide services to you, help prevent fraud, and for marketing and advertising purposes.
Information we may access about you, with your consent, may include, but is not limited to, your basic Social Media Platform information, your location data, your list of contacts, friends or followers and certain information about your activities on the Social Media Platform. Please keep in mind that when you provide Information to us on a third-party website or platform (for example, via our applications), the Information you provide may be separately collected by the third-party website or the Social Media Platform.
A. Information You Provide To Us:
We use and process your Information for things that may include, but are not limited to, the following:
– To access and generate new survey campaigns for use on the Services;
– To enhance the survey campaign experience and overall delivery of the campaign on the Services;
– To monitor the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns and promotions;
– To assess trends amongst our consumers and survey campaign participants;
– To communicate with you and confirm your eligibility for a raffle, contest, promotion, sweepstake or service including notifying you of the results if applicable;
– To provide you with the Services, and related products, promotions, newsletters, contests, sweepstakes, games, and information you request;
– To respond to your inquiries and provide you with requested information and other communications, including by email or text messages, and including alerts, notification of promotions, contests, and events;
– For general or targeted marketing and advertising purposes, including sending you promotional material or special offers on our behalf or on behalf of our marketing partners and/or their respective affiliates and subsidiaries and other third parties, provided that you have not already opted-out of receiving such communications;
– To manage, improve and foster relationships with third-party service providers, including vendors, suppliers, and parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and business partners;
– Maintain, improve, customize, or administer the Services, perform business analyses, or other internal purposes to improve the quality of our business, the Services, resolve technical problems, or improve security or develop other products and services;
– Comply with our Terms & Conditions;
– Analytics for business purposes and business intelligence;
– Comply with any applicable laws and regulations and respond to lawful requests; and/or
– For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your Information and/or pursuant to your consent.
B. Sharing Your Information
– Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your Information with third-party service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf (such as to host the Services, conduct survey campaigns, manage databases, perform analyses, provide customer service, or send communications for us). These third-party service providers are authorized to use your Information only as necessary to provide these services to us. In some instances, we may aggregate Information we collect so third parties do not have access to your particular Information to identify you individually.
– Disclosure of Information for Legal and Administrative Reasons. We may disclose your Information without notice: (i) when required by law or to comply with a court order, subpoena, search warrant, or other legal process; (ii) to cooperate or undertake an internal or external investigation or audit; (iii) to comply with legal, regulatory or administrative requirements of governmental authorities (including, without limitation, requests from the governmental agency authorities to view your Information); (iv) to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of us, our subsidiaries and affiliates and any of their officers, directors, employees, attorneys, agents, contractors and partners, and the website Service users; (v) to enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions; and (vi) to verify the identity of the user of our Services.
– Business Transfers. Your Information may be transferred, sold or otherwise conveyed (“Conveyed”) to a third party where we: (i) merge with or are acquired by another business entity; (ii) sell all or substantially all of our assets; (iii) are adjudicated bankrupt; or (iv) are liquidated or otherwise reorganize. You agree to any and all such Conveyances of your Information.
– Information Shared with our Subsidiaries and Affiliates. We may share your Information with our subsidiaries and affiliates including but not limited to entities and brands within the Florida Ice & Farm Company Network. If you do not want us to share your Information with our subsidiaries and affiliates, please email us at [email protected].
– Third-Party Partners for Marketing or Analytics Purposes. We may share your Information with partners whose offerings we think may interest you, including based on your responses to certain survey questions or other Information you have provided to us.
– Raffle Participation. If you choose to participate in a survey by voluntarily answering questions or completing a questionnaire other digital online platform we offer on our Services, we may retain the answers and the Information contained in it for our branding and marketing, research purposes.
– Online Communications. Information that you post on or through public areas of the Services (such as bulletin boards, in discussion groups), or on Social Media Platforms is generally accessible to, and may be collected and used by, other and may resolve in unsolicited messages or contract from others.
Additionally, the Services may integrate third-party advertising technologies that allow for the delivery of relevant content and advertising on the Services as well as on other websites you visit and other applications you use. The ads may be based on various factors such as the content of the page you are visiting, your searches, demographic data, user-generated content, your responses to survey questions, and other Information we collect from you. These ads may be based on your current activity or your activity over time and across other websites and online services and may be tailored to your interests.
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the Information collected on our Services for online advertising and analytics purposes, and that is why we provide the variety of opt-out mechanisms listed above. However, we do not currently recognize or respond to browser-initiated DNT signals.
We use commercially reasonable measures to provide our Services. However, you should assume that no data transmitted over the Internet or stored or maintained by us or our third-party service providers can be 100% secure. Therefore, although we believe the measures implemented by us reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved, we do not promise or guarantee, and you should not expect, that your Information or private communications will always remain private or secure. We do not guarantee that your Information will not be misused by third parties. We are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security features. You agree that we will not have any liability for misuse, access, acquisition, deletion, or disclosure of your Information.
If you believe that your Information has been accessed or acquired by an unauthorized person, you shall promptly contact us at [email protected] so that necessary measures can quickly be taken.
We may aggregate, anonymize and/or de-identify any Information collected from you so that such Information can no longer be linked to you or your device. We may use aggregated, de-identified or anonymized Information for any purpose, including without limitation for research and marketing purposes, and may also share such data with any third parties, including advertisers, promotional partners, and sponsors, in our discretion.
We store and maintain your Information for the purposes for which it is processed by us. The length of time for which we retain Information depends on the purposes for which we collected and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws.
You agree that we, our affiliates, and/or third-party service providers with whom we collaborate and contract may communicate with you regarding our Services via electronic messages or telephone number, for example, send you information relating to our products and Services that we think may be of interest to you, communicate with if you are the winner of a raffle we are hosting, and other news about products and services provided by or through us through permissible targeted advertisements offered by us, our parent companies, our subsidiaries, our affiliates, and other business partners. See Your Choices, below, for how you can update the way we contact you.
A. Email. By using our Services, you agree that we may contact you by email as set forth herein. If you do not want to receive marketing and promotional emails from us, you may click on the “unsubscribe” link in the email to unsubscribe and opt-out of marketing email communications or contact us at [email protected].. While you may opt-out from such marketing use, you may not opt-out from our use of your email address for nonmarketing or administrative purposes such as automatic notifications of recent account activity or notifying you of major site updates.
B. Mobile Push Notifications. By using our Services, you agree that we may contact you by calling or sending messages to your phone. You can use the settings on your mobile device to enable or turn off mobile push notifications from us or contact us at [email protected].
C. Location Choices. You can change the privacy settings of your device at any time to turn off the sharing of location information with our Services. If you choose to turn off location services, this could affect certain features or services of our Services. If you have specific questions about the privacy settings of your device, we suggest you contact the manufacturer of your device or your mobile service provider for help.
D. Opting Out of Direct Marketing. To exercise choices regarding the marketing information you receive, you may also review the following links:
a. You may opt-out of tracking and receiving tailored advertisements on your mobile device by some mobile advertising companies and other similar entities by downloading the App Choices app at www.aboutads.info/appchoices.
b. You may opt-out of receiving permissible targeted advertisements by using the NAI Opt-out tool available at http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1 or visiting About Ads at http://optout.aboutads.info.
c. You can opt-out of having your activity on our Services made available to Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics opt-out add-on for your web browser by visiting: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout for your web browser.
Upon request as set forth below and subject to certain exceptions and limitations and applicable laws, we will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your Information and will provide you access to that Information. To the extent other state laws provide users with additional data subject rights, those rights may be honored by the company following proper authentication and verification.
We encourage you to review, update, and correct Information that we maintain about you, and you may request that we delete Information about you that is inaccurate, incomplete, or irrelevant. We may not accommodate a request to change Information if we believe the change would violate applicable law in our control.
To access, correct, or delete your Information, contact us at:
Write us: Edificio Corporativo, Distribuidora La Florida S.A., 500 metros al sur, contiguo al antiguo depósito de materiales El Lagar, Llorente de Flores, Heredia, Costa Rica.
A. Notice of Collection:
|Categories of Personal Information We May Collect||Categories of Sources||Examples of Uses||Categories of Third Parties With Which We May Share That Information|
|Identifiers: name, mailing address, email address, any provided phone numbers.||You, if you choose to provide to us. Your use of our services/automatically collected from you. Affiliates. Third parties (such as service providers and other users who, for example, may refer you to use the Services).||Processing your survey responses and entering you into a raffle. Confirming your eligibility for a raffle and notifying you of the results. Providing the Services, including registration and customer service. Fixing and improving the Services. Facilitating payment. Personalizing content and your experience. Our Marketing and Third-Party Marketing and Advertising purposes. Bug detection and error reporting. Analyzing and improving the Services. Security, fraud and legal compliance.||Affiliates. Service providers. Other individuals or companies at your request. Third parties, such as third-party advertisers, and advertising and list brokering networks and analytics providers. Third parties relating to legal requests, if required by law or if we believe in good faith that it is reasonably necessary. Third parties for sales of transfers of our business or assets.|
|Sensory Information: Audio recordings if you call our customer service or volunteer this information as part of using our Services.||You, if you choose to provide to us. Your use of our Services/automatically collected from you. Third parties (such as service providers).||Providing the Services, including processing your survey responses and customer service. Fixing and improving the Services. Facilitating payment. Analyzing and improving the Services. Security, fraud and legal compliance.||Service providers. Affiliates. Other individuals, services, and partners at your request. Other third parties, such as third-party advertisers and advertising and list brokering networks. Third parties relating to legal requests, if required by law or if we believe in good faith that it is reasonably necessary. Third parties for sales of transfers of our business or assets.|
|Survey, testimonials or other raffle information (including personal identifiers): Collected if you participate in a survey or raffle; includes information needed for you to participate (such as contact information), and to fulfill your prize.||You, if you choose to provide to us. Your use of our Services/automatically collected from you. Third parties (such as service providers).||Providing the Services, including processing your survey responses and customer service. Fixing and improving the Services. Personalizing content and your experience. Our Marketing and Third-Party Marketing and Advertising purposes. Bug detection and error reporting. Analyzing and improving the Services. Security, fraud and legal compliance.||Affiliates. Service providers. Other individuals or companies at your request. Third parties relating to legal requests, if required by law or if we believe in good faith that it is reasonably necessary. Third parties for sales of transfers of our business or assets.|
|Personalization data about you||You, if you choose to provide to us. Your use of our Services/automatically collected from you. Affiliates. Third parties (such as Data Brokers).||Providing the Services, including processing your survey response and customer service. Fixing and improving the Services. Personalizing content and your experience. Our Marketing and Third-Party Marketing and Advertising purposes. Analyzing and improving the Services. Security, fraud and legal compliance.||Affiliates. Third parties (such as service providers).|
|Other Information: Any other information you choose to directly provide to us in connection with your use of the Services.||You, if you choose to provide to us.||Providing the Services, including processing your survey responses and customer service. Fixing and improving the Services. Facilitating payment. Personalizing content and your experience. Our Marketing and Third-Party Marketing and Advertising purposes. Bug detection and error reporting. Analyzing and improving the Services Security, fraud and legal compliance.||Service providers. Affiliates. Other individuals, services, and partners at your request. Other third parties, such as third-party advertisers and advertising and list brokering networks. Third parties relating to legal requests, if required by law or if we believe in good faith that it is reasonably necessary. Third parties for sales of transfers of our business or assets.|
B. Rights of California Residents
a. Data Subject Requests
If you would like to submit a Data Subject Request, you can email us at [email protected]. You can also call us, toll-free, at 800-FIFCOCR. If you email us, you must provide us with enough Information to identify you and enough specificity on the requested data. We will only use the Information we receive for verification. We will not be able to disclose Information if it cannot verify that the person making the Data Subject Request is the person about whom we collected Information, or someone authorized to act on such person’s behalf.
If you are a California resident, you may submit a Data Subject Request to receive information about our data collection practices as it relates to your data. By submitting this request, you are declaring that you are a California resident availing yourself of the rights afforded to you under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
You may request information on the categories of personal Information (as defined by California law) we have collected about you; the categories of data collection sources; any business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal Information; the categories of third parties with whom we share personal Information, if any; and the specific pieces of personal Information we have collected about you. If you would like to also receive information about our data disclosure for business purposes, then please include that in the Data Subject Request. We will clarify whether the Information was collected and disclosed or simply collected and kept internally.
b. Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The California Consumer Protection Act gives California residents the right to stop the “sale” of their personal information through a mechanism called “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” button or hyperlink.
While there are many positive impacts of this requirement, California’s definition of “sale” also captures the transfer of data between corporate affiliates (that is, companies that share common ownership) and other transfers that ordinarily may not be thought of as a “sale” in the traditional sense of the word. Because the CCPA has defined some of these transfers as “sales,” we may be unable to offer all of our services to our users that ask us not to “sell” their Personal Data.
California residents may utilize the “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” hyperlink located on our Services to facilitate their opt-out of the sale of certain personal Information. However, if you opt to request that we do not “sell” your personal Information you may not be able to use any service we offer that requires our continued use of your email address. Accordingly, users who direct us to stop “selling” their personal Information may be asked to delete their account with us and their associated personal Information. Users who make this request will still be able to access all of the Services we offer on our website and through our Services that are available to non-account holders and may always use a new email address to register a new account with our Services.
Please note that we will attempt to verify your identity via the email address and/or telephone number associated with your request prior to fulfilling it. If you authorize another person to make this request on your behalf, in addition to verifying your identity we will also require proof that the person is authorized to act on your behalf.
c. Deletion of Information
You may request that we delete your personal Information. Your deletion request should be submitted through a Data Subject Request. Subject to certain exceptions set out below we will, on receipt of a verifiable Data Subject Request, delete your personal Information from our records and direct any service providers to do the same.
Please note that we may not delete your personal Information if it is necessary to:
– complete the transaction for which the personal Information was collected;
– provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and us;
– detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive activity, and take all necessary and appropriate steps to mitigate current and future risk;
– debug and repair internal information technology as necessary;
– undertake internal research for technological development and demonstration;
– exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
– comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
– engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the Information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your informed consent;
– enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
– comply with an existing legal obligation; or
– otherwise use your personal Information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the Information.
d. Notice of Financial Incentives
As part of our Services, there will be opportunities to complete surveys and questionnaires to voluntarily provide us with information on your cooking styles, preferences, backgrounds, and other similar demographic information that you choose to provide as part of the survey process. As an incentive for completing the survey or questionnaire, you can voluntarily provide your personal information, which in turn enters you into a raffle drawing for a monetary prize of our choosing. This raffle may constitute a financial incentive under the California’s Consumer Privacy Act (“Financial Incentive”). The categories of personal Information required for us to provide the Financial Incentives include: personal identifiers such as contact information, full name, email address, mailing address and telephone number as well as personal and demographic information such as cooking style and preferences and other lifestyle information you choose to answer as part of the survey.
You can opt into the Financial Incentive by choosing to complete a survey that is available on our Services which in turn allows you to be entered into the raffle. Please note that participating in a survey is entirely optional; participants affirmatively opt into the survey by voluntarily completing the survey and thus entering into the raffle as an incentive for completing the survey, and can opt out of the program (i.e., terminate participation and forgo the ongoing incentives). You have the right to withdraw from the Financial Incentive at any time by submitting a request to [email protected].
Each Financial Incentive is reasonably related to the value of the personal information we receive.
Please note that if you request deletion of part or all your personal Information, that could affect your ability to participate or qualify for one of our raffles. If we cannot retain your personal Information, you would forfeit any raffles for which you may be eligible and would be removed from our system.
e. Notice to Minors
In addition, if you are a California resident under the age of 18 and are a registered user, you may request us to remove content or Information posted on our websites or stored on our servers by (a) submitting a request in writing to insert email, and (b) clearly identifying the content or Information you wish to have removed and providing sufficient information to allow us to locate the content or Information to be removed. However, please note that we are not required to erase or otherwise eliminate content or Information if (i) other state or federal laws require us or a third party to maintain the content or Information; (ii) the content or Information was posted, stored, or republished by another user; (iii) the content or Information is anonymized so that the minor cannot be individually identified; (iv) the minor does not follow the instructions posted in this Policy on how to request removal of such content or Information; and (v) the minor has received compensation or other consideration for providing the content. Further, nothing in this provision shall be construed to limit the authority of a law enforcement agency to obtain such content or Information.
f. Verifying Requests
To help protect your privacy and maintain security, if you request access to or deletion of your personal information, we will take steps and may require you to provide certain information to verify your identity before granting you access to your personal information or complying with your request. In addition, if you ask us to provide you with specific pieces of personal information, we will require you to sign a declaration under penalty of perjury that you are the consumer whose personal information is the subject of the request. If you designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, we may require you to provide the authorized agent written permission to do so and to verify your own identity directly with us (as described above).
g. Shine the Light Requests
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to opt out of the disclosure of your personal information by DHG to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make an opt-out request of such disclosures, please send an email to [email protected]
h. Additional Information
If you choose to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, you have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment by us. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request. This Statement is available in alternative formats upon request by contacting [email protected]
Our Services are targeted to individuals located in Costa Rica. However, please note that in providing services to you, your Information may be transferred to and processed both within Costa Rica and outside of Costa Rica. Moreover, DHG may subcontract the processing of your data to, or otherwise share your data with, other members within the company, trusted service providers, and trusted business partners located in countries other than your country of residence, in accordance with applicable laws. Such third parties may be engaged in, among other things, the provision of services to you, the processing of transactions and/or the provision of support services. By providing us with your Information, you acknowledge any such transfer, storage or use.
The Website is intended only for users over the age of eighteen (18). If we become aware that a user is under fifteen (15) (or a higher age threshold where applicable) and has provided us with Information, we will take steps to comply with any applicable legal requirement to remove such Information. Contact us if you believe that we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected Information from a child under the age of fifteen (15).
Email: [email protected]
Call us: 800-FIFCOCR
Last Updated July 20, 2022
Reserva Conchal Costa Rica values your privacy. We will not provide your personal information to anyone else rather than our company or the companies that belong to the same holding. When you submit your personal information, such as, but not limited to name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, we will not give or sell this information to any outside company for any use.
The information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to support your customer relationship with us. We have appropriate security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information we have collected from you on our site. Also, we may use this information for marketing as commercial purposes such as sending information related to our services, special offers, among others.
All of the information contained in this website, including the site design, graphics, and text are the copyrighted property of Reserva Conchal Costa Rica. Any other trademarks, company names, product names, and/or logos set forth in this website are the property of their respective owners.